Sunday, August 18, 2013

It's a Crayola Birthday!


In the springtime my daughter turned 2!  I still can't believe it.  Since we are always on a budget for our own good, I thought what kind of theme could I do that didn't break the bank.  I didn't want another repeat of her 1st (even though it was fun) to happen again.  So, colorful Crayola it was!  I figured that I didn't have to stress and I would just get and incorporate what I came across at my local stores.  With the help of Pinterest, this is what came to life.  


This is how many crayons I used to make a few of the hearts below.


Target and Big Lots had some great options to put inside of the grab bags.


Made a few coloring books using construction paper as the covers.  I also printed a black and white pic of each of her friends to put inside as a nice surprise.


Place cards for each of the food items.

I got this idea from Pinterest


I had an old banner that I just remove the character from the ends and made it fit the theme.


Another Pinterest inspiration.






I was very pleased with how the sweets table turned out. 

Our local supermarket had this option available, Loved It!

We had 3 kid tables with chairs set up with all kinds of creative goodies such as paint, crayons,  markers, side walk chalk, etc.  Little aprons from the $ store came in handy.



Found these at Big Lots for 50 cents each!



The best part of the day was the look on her face when she received her big girl gift.  PRICELESS!

Hope she enjoyed it as much as I did!






No comments:

Post a Comment