Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tank is One!!!


The thing I hear the most,  "Enjoy your kids.  They grow up so fast."  As much as I don't want them to, it really is happening that way.  With our every day hustle and bustle, I find myself at times having a moment of reflection just soak up just how big they are getting.  So it's official, I now have two toddlers and call me crazy but I would go for a third.

I had lots of fun putting things together for Tank's birthday but my time had to be a little more calculated to get things done.  Our goal was not to go crazy and over spend, so I tried to be a little resourceful and use what I had on hand.  So here is what came together.


Goodie bags were made out of plain brown paper bags.  Just dressed them up with a little neck tie which was perfect for the occasion. 

I know I wanted to repurpose some of Tank's baby food jars.  So I searched Pinterest for the perfect "Cake in a Mug" recipe that would fit nicely inside.  I used a cupcake liner and hemp string to top it off. 


Chocolate lollipops in the shape of mustaches served as good decorations and favors.

My local supermarket wouldn't free hand the mustache so I decide to do it myself with a little frosting that I found in the baking aisle.

Blue frosted cupcakes sat in those liners (forgot to take a picture). 

We covered the artwork in the dining room with plain brown paper. 

You can't go wrong with good ol' crepe paper streamers.




A dollar store tablecloth goes a long way when you change it up just a tad.  Lined the brown paper with some mustache tape and a nifty little table runner was born.  

Tank and Daddy


Tank and Titi, at this point he didn't know why there were so many people in the house. 

Tio & Daddy



Releasing some energy is great for the kids AND the parents.

Someone was not very happy that he needed to shave. 

Sister pulled off the facial hair very well.

So did little friend.



Tank did not like the cake in the beginning at all...

... until our friend told us to put yogurt on it.  He will eat yogurt on anything!

And he did!

It was a small gathering with our friends who have all become like family to us.  I was happy to see everyone had a great time. Thank you Papa Dios for such a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment