Monday, October 14, 2013

Organization Tips/Tricks



I am always looking for ways to simplify the day to day things I do as a Mommy.  Throughout this journey some things have worked and some have not.  That is why when I do find something that has been successful I love to share it.  Here are a few things that help keep my sanity,  for the most part.


You can find one of these over the door shoe things at just about any store.  I went the inexpensive route and found mine at Walmart.  It is made out of canvas and the pockets are mesh which I like because they have a tiny bit of stretch.  Originally, I kept complete outfits for Tink when my mom watched her in the beginning because I always found she got creative with the baby's outfit selections. So, to keep it fast, simple, and coordinating, I loved this option.

Now that Tink is developing an opinion on some days and doesn't want to wear what I select, she is given the choice to pick something in a pocket.  It's working out well.  With 24 pockets there is plenty of room to prepare 2 weeks worth of outfits and still store some shoes.  This is a great time saver for any working parent and it takes the guess work out.  As I fold the laundry I coordinate outfits to slide away.



This was a big one for me.  My lovely sister has blessed my child with a wide selection of hair accessories.  Thanks sissy!  For a while I didn't know how to organize/display them for easy selection.  After keeping them in Ziploc bags for while I discovered this nifty jewelry organizer at a bargain store.  You can clip them on or slide into the pockets.  It is double sided and has pockets of many different sizes.  I just love how everything is displayed and it makes the selection process much quicker.    



I have gone through a fare share of diaper bags and when I had one baby the cute ones seemed to work ok.  With two kiddos now I find that I need my hands a lot more so I opted for a hands free approach.  Between two sets of diapers, wipes, snacks, sippy cups, etc. I always drove myself crazy with multiple little bags.  So, I found this backpack on clearance recently and figured I'd give it a try.  Sorry, practical won over cute and I might add that I like love it so far.  It is lightweight, has many pockets/compartments, and water resistant.


Two smaller pockets in the front for quick access items like cell phone, paci, etc.

I keep my wallet here along with the kids snacks and cups.  Has plenty of room for more.

Diapers and Pull-Ups along with some wipes.  I can even fit an extra change of clothes for both.

This is what it looks like with pockets open.

Here all pockets closed.  It's not bulky like I thought it would be and fits nicely in the stroller basket.

So there you have it.  This is what works for me and maybe can work for you also.  Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment