Thursday, August 29, 2013

Baby Food - Croque Bebe


I made something a little different today for Little Man's dinner other than puree.  It seemed to be a hit from the looks of the pictures below (you be the judge).  Found the recipe in one of my baby books What to Expect the First Year and thought is seemed pretty easy since I already had all the ingredients available.




Ingredients:

2 egg yolks 
1/4 c. breast milk or formula
1 slice whole wheat bread, cut in half
Cheddar cheese slices
Vegetable oil cooking spray

1.  Beat egg yolks and milk in a bowl
2.  Place cheese between bread slices.  Pinch all around the edge of the bread to create little sandwich pocket.
3.  Dip into egg and milk mixture, coating both sides.
4.  Heat pan and coat with cooking spray.
5.  Cook sandwich pocket on both sides until golden brown, should be soft.

I cut the crust off and then cut into bite size pieces.  I had a little egg and milk left over to make two more slices.  He liked it because I didn't see any hit the floor.  Yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment