Thursday, August 15, 2013

TBT - Brazil 2010


In honor of Throw Back Thursday I thought this group of photos would be great.  It could also be that I am itching for a wonderful vacation like this again.  Our trip to Brazil has many wonderful memories and was a perfect babymoon before my daughter was born.  I was about 25 weeks pregnant during this trip.   We did some great sightseeing, ate some amazing food, and I ended up visiting the Brazilian emergency room because I got sick as dog.  No matter what, we had a trip of a lifetime and cannot wait to go back.  

Many thanks to our Brazilian friends that have become our extended family.  We truly enjoyed and learned so much during this wonderful trip.

It's not misspelled, in Portuguese it's spelled with an "s"

Brigadeiro - Yummy! Check out this recipe

The thing I wanted to have most but couldn't!

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil


Sight seeing in Rio




Christ the Redeemer






An amazing meal at a churrascaria

Chin chin!

This is where the "Girl from Ipanema" was written

Salvador da Bahia, Brazil







Nosso Senhor do Bonfim Church 

 


Our ribbons





Cheese on stick sold along the beach, yummy!

My poor swollen feet couldn't fit into these

I was sick as a dog in this pic, fever and all

Sugar cane juice with ginger, made me feel better
Caipirinha - Popular Brazilian cocktail



Mercado Modelo

My version of Pregnant Capoeira 

The end of our trip.  Wore that shirt so no one would get confused.

Right off the plane went straight to the ER.  Trip well worth it!

See you soon Brazil!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment