Monday, August 5, 2013

Baby Food - Looks Yummy!


My son is 8 months and I try to make most of his food.  The day of Stage 2 purees were long gone even before he was 7 months.  Little man likes his food hearty with lots of flavor.  How things have changed from when I had my 1st baby (only 28 months ago).  I am not so afraid to try different things until they work.  All the baby books I read were good and informative but nothing prepares you fully and you just have to go with the flow.  Each baby is very different.  So with that said here is a little recipe from Annabel Karmel's book, Top 100 Baby Purees.  I tweaked it a little for my liking.  



Ingredients:

4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
1 Flounder fillet
2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2-3 basil leaves (optional), chopped
1 tbsp milk
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Chop carrots and parsnip and place in a covered steamer for 15-20 minutes.


Place Flounder fillet in small pan.  Cover with a little milk and 1 tbsp of butter. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.


 Peel, seed, and chop the tomatoes. (Drop tomatoes in boiling water for about 30 seconds in order to peel the skin off.)


Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter to pan then add tomatoes and cook until mushy. Add basil (optional) and cheese.  Stir until melted.


Add carrot, parsnip, and fish and mix until will incorporated.

At this time I mashed an individual serving in this lovely little bowl to the consistency my little man likes it.  If it too chunky you can definitely puree in a blender.  You can also add a little milk (breast milk or formula) to thin it out if needed.


He has a few meals ready for this week.





  



No comments:

Post a Comment