Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Boy's Sports Room


So, I have a tiny little neighbor to the right of my bed that I think needs his own space.  Sorry Tank, Mommy doesn't want to evict you from our bedroom but you need to enjoy your room.  We have taken a little while to complete his room for various reasons.  Hubby and I knew that he would at least be in our room for 6 months like we did with Tink but his stay was sort of extended.  I don't mind at all but you kind of just know and feel when it's time for them to be in their own space.

Through many Pinterest inspirations we knew we wanted a "Sports" feel (seriously which Daddy doesn't). Here is the inspiration.  There really wasn't much else but the picture to go by so off to work we went.  Here are the before pictures.






We knocked it off pretty fast I think.  The hardest part was taping the focal wall and getting the lines straight.  Painted the white and let it dry to then tape again to paint the blue and green.





And Ta-Daaaaa!  It's always intimidating when you work with vibrant colors but I am very pleased with the results. I originally wanted to paint the other walls green but I am so glad I changed my mind to gray.












Some of the details include this green trim.  I thought it would be kind of cool to make it look like football field markers.  It looks so awesome in person.



I originally was going to do this free hand but since I have a handy dandy Silhouette Cameo, well why not get some good use out of it.  Used white craft vinyl and cut out all the letters, numbers, and shapes with the machine.



We are currently letting all the paint fumes go away and will then move all the furniture in.  I will post an update on the finished room.  I hope Tank enjoys it!


                                         ***  Click this link to see the finished room. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment