Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Yeah Kiddie Thermos!


Back to school is one of my favorite times of the year.  That means fall is getting closer, the weather will soon be enjoyable, the colors of trees will be vibrant, and it is an awesome time for my hair management (say NO to frizz)!  The weeks leading up to school make me excited because I see all the cool supplies and it just brings back memories of how excited it felt to get brand new everything.  Once my kids are old enough for Back To School shopping, I have a feeling I will be sneaking a few products in the shopping cart for myself. Shhhhh, don't tell my husband!

A friend of mine highly recommended these great beverage Thermos containers a little over a year ago. I always looked them over because they aren't exactly cheap.  I will say that I am glad I made the investment.  Let me tell you, they are awesome!

The label on the container says that it will keep anything hot for 5 hours and anything cold for 7 hours.  I testify that anything really cold sometimes stays longer than that.  I have put in ice with water and forgot to empty it out until the next day and when I do it STILL has ice in it.  The hot option also keeps things warm, maybe not as long as the cold but definitely warm for 4-5 hours.

Why do I like it for my kids if they are not carrying lunch boxes yet?  The temperature control, the lid locks, and being able to put hot or cold beverages/food.  It's so much better than any sippy cup we've had.  If you notice in the pics below I also bought the food container.  My husband thought I was crazy and that it wouldn't be used.  I personally liked the cuteness (gets me into shopping trouble) but I truly have used them.  I take yogurt for my son while we are out and about.  I have cut up cheese and fruit for on the road snacks and it keeps cool always.  I have also taken hot oatmeal for those rushed mornings when they don't want to eat but know very darn well that they will an hour later.

I haven't had to replace the straws yet but as I was researching to plan ahead, reviews have mentioned to contact Thermos customer service because it's a better deal.  I will definitely be going that route.




My daughter likes this handle, perfect for little fingers. 

Pieces easily come apart for cleaning.


Love that you can fit a good amount in the container.  A heads up, you will need a tiny brush to clean the lid since has a very narrow space along the edge that traps food.
Hope everyone has a fabulous school year!


1 comment: